Physiotherapy is a hands-on treatment for injuries and the prescription of rehabilitation exercises to help people overcome their pain and dysfunction.
Your initial physiotherapy appointment will normally be 30 minutes of consultation and 30 minutes of treatment. In that time you will be asked to explain your injury, how it happened, how long you have had it, and how it makes you feel. You will be asked to set some goals about what you want to achieve from your time spent with the therapist. Your therapist will also run through your past medical history finding out about any medical diagnoses or medicine that you take.
The therapist will carry out a physical examination looking at the affected area plus carry out an assessment of your posture and how you move to put together a treatment plan for you.
In the remaining time of your initial assessment and on subsequent treatment sessions they will carry out this treatment plan and also give you home exercises to do to either resolve your problem or to give you a management strategy to keep your symptoms under control.
Your therapist will endeavor to give you an accurate diagnosis and give you realistic expectations of how many treatments you will require. Most problems can be resolved within 4 to 6 treatment sessions. On occasion, your therapist may refer you to a consultant for a second opinion to verify the initial diagnosis and treatment plan.
Your therapist may also refer you to other healthcare professionals that they feel would be appropriate to help you. This may include Pilates instructors, massage therapists, nutritionists, women’s health specialists, craniosacral therapists, or yoga instructors.
Some of the conditions physiotherapy successfully treat are:
Mariusz is qualifed Physiotherapist & Functional Manual therapist & Massage therapist
Mariusz graduated from the Faculty of Physiotherapy at the University of Rzeszow, Poland in 2010.
His main goal of working as Physiotherapist, Functional Manual therapist and massage therapist is to reduce pain and restore the proper function of the spine and peripheral joints of patients after injuries, operations, diseases, etc. This means that he deals with the treatment of the causes and not the symptoms of the diseases.
Mariusz's clinical treatment requires a holistic approach depending on the injury, damage, etc.
These are the following therapeutic methods:
- PNF method
- Anatomy Trains (Myofascial Meridiams for Manual and Movements Therapists)
- Myofascial Release (Anatomy Trains and Spine Tensegrity)
- Cyria'x method (Global Cyria’x institute)
- FOI method (Functional Orthonomie and Integration)
- Manual therapy according to Dr. Ackermann Method - Stockholm Sweden Institute
- Manual Trigger Point Therapy by David G. Simons Academy
- Soft manual techniques in the treatment of "Functional disorders of the spine, shoulder joint and hip"
- Spine rehabilitation (Stabilization-System RRS)
- I, II, III level of the medical massage
- Sports taping
- Research and functional physiotherapy in injuries of the knee joint
- Research and functional physiotherapy of diseases of the shoulder joint
- Reading and analysis of X-ray images ''
- Functional cranial-sacral therapy
- Medical Dry Needling - currently doing training
(The above methods are confirmed by certificates and several years of experience in working with patients)
Please note we have a 24 hour cancellation policy. In order to avoid being invoiced for your treatment please give us more than 24 hours notice if you need to change or cancel an appointment.
Mariusz is a very experience physiotherapist and he is passionate about physiotherapy. Book a physio session today at Lotus Spa Wandsworth Town.